Varied, busy Office Co-ordinator role based in a small, friendly, construction specialists company in Wokingham, Berkshire. Within the office there are around 5 or 6 people and two dogs, but they also have contractors and workers out on various projects.
You will be responsible for a range of administrative duties within the office, and will act as the “hub” of the office and will be the first point of contact for certain customers. Reporting to the MD and the FD and working closely with the Contracts Manager you will take ownership of certain tasks and will have a lot of interaction with suppliers, contractor and surveyors.
Responsibilities will include
- Answering all phone enquiries politely and professionally.
- Dealing with general administrative duties.
- Checking and replying to emails and urgent Directors emails
- Assisting with the tendering processes by checking tenders and quotes/proof-reading and use of templates
- Various computer tasks including lots of excel work for spreadsheet purposes
- Assisting with preparation of onsite health and safety manuals and O & M manuals.
- Ordering materials and equipment/comparing prices.
- Co-ordinating jobs and managing the job register
- Checking compliance and insurance details
- Booking appointments and site visits
- Managing files
- Some invoicing and chasing monies
- Supporting and getting involved in day-to-day activities as and when required, including tasks outside normal role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous office administration experience and strong organisational skill.
- A construction or facilities background could be helpful but is not essential
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality and consistency.
- An understanding of Health & Safety would be useful
- Willingness to get involved in a small office and be a great problem solver when needed
- Multi-tasking is crucial and the ability to prioritise work and met deadlines
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely with people, delivering great customer service.
- A good sense of humour!
Monday to Friday 0830 to 1700 office based position